I don’t even know where to start! These last few weeks have been crazy, busy, fun! (I’ll try to make this as short and sweet as possible):
1. B’s parents treated everyone to a weekend getaway at the Grand Cypress near Disney. In case I’ve never mentioned it before, B has two older sisters. Here’s a room with a view, if you ask me:
2. The whole fam went to the coolest mini-golf place ever! It was Disney’s Fantasia-themed. Just a little goofing off with the boy...
3. I took a little break from the resort to support my best friend & sorority sister, Lauren, at her college graduation. I always love when we get to hang out, but wished we lived closer. I can’t wait ‘til we go see Swifty (Taylor Swift) in concert together in March!
4. Back to the resort... On the second night of the weekend we celebrated B’s grandma’s 80th birthday! We jumped on the Disney monorail and hotel-hopped to see the Christmas decorations and watch the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks from the Polynesian. I love this pic of us (even though my eyes look funny from adjusting the red eye. I really need to invest in a better camera).
5. “Goofing” (no pun intended) around at the hotel shops. Only a few hours until my 23rd birthday!
6. One of my favorites. B’s sister volunteered as our photographer and caught this candid. I love it. (Again, new camera needed desperately!)
7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (and Hanukah) TO ME!!! A fun fact about me... half my family is Christian/Catholic/Baptist and the other half is Jewish. Interesting mix, huh? In my parents’ household we celebrate Hanukah. If we go to West Virginia where my mom’s family is, we celebrate Christmas. And with B’s fam, we celebrate Christmas. At my and B’s house, we had both a Menorah and a Christmas tree. It’s ALL FUN! Here’s a picture of me with one of my Hanukah gifts from my mom. I’ve been swooning over these Victoria’s Secret “Pink loves the Knights” sweats. (Not posting all the pics of my goodies, especially since all the pictures clearly give away that I just rolled out of bed, HA!)
I also got a Longchamp backpack in taupe. I have two other Longchamp bags and just love them!
For my birthday my parents got me this baby (I got the matching ring for my 21st birthday):
One of my other absolute favorite Christmas gifts was from B’s parents. They were so thoughtful and got me a mug with pictures of B and me because they know how much I love to drink hot green tea every morning. On top is says “Live, Laugh, Love.”
8. Finally, we have come to Midnight Mass. B’s mom plays the bells for their church and it’s absolutely beautiful to listen to them. But what a late night! I didn’t get back to my parents’ house until 2 a.m. Then, I had to drive two hours the next morning to be back on the gulf coast to work at noon! Yes, that’s right... I had to work on Christmas. Two year-olds don’t stop, and neither do I!
I hope everyone had a very safe, happy, and blessed holiday and New Years. Welcome 2010! I can’t wait to see what’s in store.